The STAR WARS BATTLEFRONT Reveal Trailer is Here!
Video game developer DICE released its first official trailer for its new upcoming game, Star Wars Battlefront, earlier today at Star Wars Celebration.
The ominous thud of an AT-AT stomping down. Rebel forces firing blasters. Imperial speeder bikes zipping by. Intense dogfights between squadrons of X-wings and TIE fighters filling the skies. Immerse yourself in the epic Star Wars battles you’ve always dreamed of and create new heroic moments of your own in Star Wars Battlefront.
Battlefront aims to recapture the essence of the original films not simply just for nostalgia. It’s also to help shape and define the future of this new Star Wars universe. Battlefront is the first of EA’s 10-year relationship with Lucasfilm. There are four different locations available at launch: Tatooine, Hoth, Endor, and Sullust, the last of which has barely been seen before. DICE is currently working with Lucasfilm to define a canonical look for this planet.
The game boasts five huge reasons to play:
1. The Most Immersive Game: Unprecedented access to original Star Wars props and locations. Photorealistic visuals and authentic sound design from the talented team at DICE. Prepare to be transported to a galaxy far, far away.
2. Ground-based combat on a galactic scale: Wage epic muliplayer battles on Hoth, Endor, Tatooine and the previously unexplored planet, Sullust. Fire blasters, drive speederbikes, snowspeeders and command AT-ATs. Fight for the fate of the galaxy.
3. Play as iconic Star Wars characters: Fight as the galaxy’s most memorable heroes and villains, like Darth Vader and Boba Fett. Interact with some of the most beloved characters from the original trilogy. Become the hero or villain of the battle.
4. Engage in epic Star Wars dog fights: Pilot X-Wings, TIE Fighters, the Millennium Falcon and more of your favorite vehicles in exhilarating aerial combat. Find out which squadrons will rule the skies.
5. For Jedi and Padawans alike: Seamlessly swap between 1st person and 3rd person perspectives. Partner up with a friend in online multiplayer, share unlocks and have each other’s backs on the battlefront. Fight for the Empire or Republic offline, solo or with a friend, in carefully crafted missions.
There’s something else to keep in mind — Battlefront will not have a single-player or narrative campaign. Battlefront will rely on a set missions which can be played by yourself, or cooperatively via split-screen (if your teammate is in the same room with you) or online.
“I would say they occupy that space…where you play alone,” General Manager of DICE Patrick Bach told IGN. “Or you can play co-op, split screen or on the internet. The game is first and foremost a multiplayer game. Battlefront was a multiplayer game. That’s the game we wanted to create — to recreate the battles of the Original Trilogy.”
Missions will be short; the intent being that you can revisit each one on a higher difficulty. “Because it’s only a two-player experience you’re sharing with a friend, they’re custom built,” said producer Craig Mcleod. “It’s not about pulling a section out of somewhere else and you just do them. I can’t go into specifics about what mission we’ll have, but when we think about multiplayer and co-op, what we’re really trying to do is immerse yourself in your Star Wars battle fantasies.”
Fans of the series can now pre-order the game to gain early access to the battle on planet Jakku. Players will be allowed to play on this new map on December 1, 2015, one week before other players can access this free content on December 8, 2015.
Star Wars Battlefront goes on sale November 17, 2015 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Origin for PC.