POKEMON GO Beta – What You Need to Know
One of the most anticipated games of the year is a mobile game from Nintendo – Pokemon Go. I’m sure you’ve heard about it. Anyway, the Japanese beta test for Pokemon Go just happened, which answered a lot of questions fans had about the game. Here’s a list of what I’ve gathered from forum posts about the Beta.
- It looks like Pokemon Go will only feature the original 151 Pokemon, sorted by Normal, Legendary and Mythic. Featuring only the original 151 Pokemon seems cool for older fans, but I’m kind of disappointed. So many cool Pokemon have been made in the last 20 years, maybe they’ll add more at a later date?
- Seven natures have been discovered in the game. These are Stoic, Guardian, Assassin, Raider, Protector, Sentry, and Champion. Also it looks like Pokemon in the game will have 232 moves, and all Pokemon types will be included, even ones that were added after the original generation.
- One of my favorite things about Pokemon X & Y was customizing my trainer, and it looks like you can do that in Pokemon Go. YES. I love this.
- Pokeballs, Potions, Max Revive, Battle items and Berries will be usable items in Pokemon Go.
- The trainer level cap seems to be at 50 for now. Inventory limit is 1000 for items, and 500 for Pokemon and eggs. You’ll be able to hatch eggs?!?! Heck yes. Also this means that you’ll be probably be able to catch certain Pokemon more than once.
- Badges are going to work like achievements, such as number of steps walked, number of Pokemon caught and Pokedex entries.
- There will be a day/night cycle in the game.
It’s safe to say I’m PRETTY excited about the game, and these new details have got me a little more pumped. The idea of traveling real life places to catch Pokemon in a mobile game is unreal to me and I am beyond ecstatic about it. Pokemon Go will be released this year for iOS/Android and I can’t wait.