Nickelodeon to Bring LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE, RUGRATS, HEY ARNOLD! And More To SDCC
San Diego Comic Con is going to be ALL THAT and a bag of chips! Nickelodeon and their programming block, The Splat which is dedicated to “Nick’s legendary library of hits from the 90’s and 2000’s” will be opening their vaults and bringing the greatest experience to San Diego Comic Con!!
Can I just mention that I feel old though? I was watching these cartoons while Nickelodeon had Nick at Nite.
It doesn’t matter because Nickelodeon and The Splat are bringing their A-Game with games, panels, talent signings, and interactive design elements from some of our favorite shows such as Hey Arnold!, Rugrats, Double Dare, Aaahh!! Real Monsters, CatDog, and of course LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE!!! Other shows will be there too but Oh my god guys, LEGENDS OF THE HIDDEN TEMPLE!!
Nickelodeon will be having four panels during the convention, a VR 360-experience involving Legends of the Hidden Temple, Photo-ops with a life-size replica of the Hey Arnold! stoop (OMGOMG), and you may get to pick the greatest nose ever; the Nose from Double Dare.
There’s going to be so much going on and it sounds like they will have more announcements in the up coming weeks leading to San Diego Comic Con!
You guys, my teenage self is so excited for the Nickelodeon / The Splat booth. I’m not sure how I’m going to be able to do everything but you know I’m going to try!
Check out their panel and booth activity below!
• Happy Happy! Joy Joy!: 25 Years of Nickelodeon Original Animation
Thursday, July 21, 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (Room: 6A) – For 25 years Nickelodeon has produced some of the most innovative and memorable animation in the history of television. Nick Animation Podcast host Hector Navarro finds out how and why four of the network’s most influential creators did what they did: Craig Bartlett (Hey Arnold!), Jhonen Vasquez (Invader Zim), Butch Hartman (The Fairly OddParents, Danny Phantom) and Arlene Klasky, who along with Gabor Csupo and Paul Germain, created Rugrats. Don’t miss the chance to see production art from the upcoming TV movie Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie; animation from Hartman’s new Bunsen is a Beast!; and the world premiere of Don vs Raph, a TMNT animated short written and produced by Jhonen Vasquez.
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles–Return to New York
Friday, July 22, 11:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m. (Room: 6A) – They travelled time and space to save planet Earth, and now the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles return home! Executive producers Ciro Nieli and Brandon Auman share sneak peeks of the epic adventures and new characters that await the Turtles when they return to the streets of NY in season four. On hand will be the extraordinary voice actors of the TMNT world: Rob Paulsen (Donatello), Greg Cipes (Michelangelo), Gwendoline Yeo (Shinigami) and Eric Bauza (Tiger Claw). Also, witness the world premiere of two never-before-seen TMNT animated shorts presented by TMNT co-creator, Kevin Eastman. The panel will be moderated by Andre Meadows (Black Nerd Comedy).
• She Made That?: Nickelodeon hosts Women in Animation
Friday, July 22, 6:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. (Room: 24ABC) – Join this group of innovative and pioneering female cartoon creators for a discussion on their careers and the opportunities for women in animation today. Panelists include women responsible for the original Nicktoons from the 1990s and others who are making some of today’s best animation for TV and the web. The panel will include Lauren Faust (My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic), Mary Harrington (Invader Zim, Hey Arnold!), Vanessa Coffey (The Ren & Stimpy Show, Rugrats), Rikke Asbjoern (Pinky Malinky), Margaret Dean (Women in Animation) and Maija Burnett (California Institute of the Arts).
• Back to the ‘90s: Nickelodeon’s All That Reunion and Legends of the Hidden Temple!
Saturday, July 23, 11:15 a.m.-12:15 p.m. (Room: 6A) – Join Nickelodeon’s throwback programming block, The Splat, for a reunion of the trailblazing sketch comedy series’ major players, Josh Server, Danny Tamberelli, Lori Beth Denberg and Kel Mitchell, discussing all things All That, with a few added surprises. Plus, get the first look at Nick’s new TV movie based on Legends of the Hidden Temple and hear about it from returning cast members Kirk Fogg and Dee Bradley Baker, along with Isabela Moner (Transformers 5). The panel will be moderated by Entertainment Weekly staff writer, Marc Snetiker.
DAILY BOOTH ACTIVITY
• Legends of the Hidden Temple Virtual Reality 360-Degree Experience: This 360-degree experience transports fans into the world of the upcoming action-adventure TV movie inspired by the iconic game show, allowing them to experience the mysterious Mayan temple first-hand.
• Olmec Photo Opp/Trivia: Fans can interact with Legends of the Hidden Temple’s King Olmec and test their knowledge by answering trivia questions for the opportunity to win prizes.
• Hey Arnold! Stoop and Double Dare Nose Photo Opps: Fans can take photos on a replica of Arnold’s stoop from Hey Arnold! and with the nose from Double Dare (beware of boogers).
• Autograph Signings: Signing opportunities with Nickelodeon talent include: All That cast; Legends of the Hidden Temple cast; SpongeBob SquarePants voice talent; Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles voice talent and executive producers; Nick current series creators and executive producers (C.H. Greenblatt, Harvey Beaks; Chris Savino, The Loud House; and Dave Cooper, Johnny Ryan, and David Sacks, Pig Goat Banana Cricket); and Nick original animation creators (Butch Hartman, The Fairly OddParents and Bunsen is a Beast!; Craig Bartlett, Hey Arnold!; Arlene Klasky, Rugrats, Wild Thornberrys, Rocket Power; and Jhonen Vasquez, Invader Zim).
• Costumed-Character Appearances: The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Rugrats, SpongeBob SquarePants, The Fairly OddParents, Arnold and Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers and Power Rangers Dino Super Charge will make appearances at Nick’s booth at select times during the convention.
• Retail: Attendees can purchase Comic-Con exclusive figures, t-shirts and more.
• Giveaways: Enter for a chance to win special prizes over the course of the convention.
(Via: Press Release)