Roll20 Announces Partnership with DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS
While at San Diego Comic Con this past week, I was super lucky and was able to chat with the Brand Manager of Roll20, Suzanne Wallace. We talked all about the company Roll20 itself and also learned of a brand new licensing deal with Wizards of the Coast which will bringing some amazing new content to Roll20 very soon including Dungeons & Dragons, amongst other exciting additions. See below for even more info on this exciting partnership!
With the announcement of the new license also comes the release of Roll20’s first licensed module with Wizards of the Coast, Lost Mine of Phandelver. The module brings the 2015 ENnie Gold Winning Adventure for Best Production Value, Best Family Game, and Best Publisher (Wizards of the Coast) to the three-time ENnie Gold Winning Best Software, Roll20.
Pen-and-paper gamers around the world love nothing better than to gather around their kitchen table with their friends and play Dungeons & Dragons. Yet it can be a challenge to find people to play with. Brick and mortar comic book stores combat this by hosting game nights, but such stores are few and far between, and there remains a vast community of people who want to play a game, but are hindered by conflicts of scheduling and location. But now, gamers everywhere can play Dungeons & Dragons on Roll20, beginning with the starter set Lost Mine of Phandelver!
Lost Mine of Phandelver is an adventure for four to six 1st level characters. Meant as an introduction to Dungeons & Dragons, this campaign goes hand-in-hand with the Player’s Dungeons & Dragons Basic Rules Handbook which is available for download from the Wizards of the Coast website.
The Lost Mine of Phandelver Module will include the following features and is immediately available for purchase on Roll20 for $19.99:
- The entire contents of the Lost Mine of Phandelver adventure.
- 5 pregenerated characters that players can choose from, complete with the SRD5-compatible Character Sheet.
- Image handouts that can be shared with players, collectively or individually.
7 area maps, using official artwork from Dungeons & Dragons. All locations are pre-linked to story entries which may contain additional DM notes, boxed text, encounters, images, and treasure parcels.
- Tokens for NPCs and monsters in the module, using the official artwork from Dungeons & Dragons.
- Bestiary: includes tokens, character sheets, and descriptions for monsters and enemies that can be encountered throughout the adventure.
- Monster Reference: contains information needed to understand creatures that appear within the module.
- Magic Items: describes the assortment of magic items that can be found within the adventure.