HER UNIVERSE Website Strikes Back!
Her Universe is back online! On January 24, the site returned with a whole new design, new merchandise, and some returning favorites.
Back in October, Ashley Eckstein, founder of Her Universe announced that Her Universe will be joining the Hot Topic family. One of the things that happened during this transition was taking down the Her Universe website.
So the site made it’s return and Ashley Eckstein hosted a Facebook Live chat to talk to Her Universe fans and let them know about the changes to the site, the new adventures, the new choices, and a sneak peek at some of the new designs up on the site now. She also has a letter for the fans which you can read here. The chat was about an hour long and was not only informative but and fun. She spoke about the website (there were some glitches still!), shipping, sizing, Her Universe Fashion, Her Universe Press, and more.
The video is available for viewing if you missed it but I listed some great highlights from the chat below!
- Lower / flat rate shipping for US customers. Shipping is now $4.99!
- Her Universe now has a return policy!
- Her Universe has Junior sizes, Extended sizes, and Plus Sizes, a lot more plus sizes.
- Reassured fans that they are working on getting Junior sizing to be consistent.
- Her Universe Fashion Show Collection will be out soon, designed by last year’s winners
- Active Wear Collection soon (No word on the license.)
- New items for Star Wars Celebration including a Hera Syndulla shirt! Exclusive to SWCO but will be available on the site.
- Designing items for The Black Panther Film
- New items for San Diego Comic Con
- Her Universe is planning a Ahsoka Tano collection!!
- A Men’s Collection is coming soon under the “Our Universe” label.
- Use #FLAUNTYOURWORLD on Instagram – selected photos will be featured on the site
- Fangirl of the Day is back! Nominate yourself or another fangirl
- Her Universe Press is coming back!
Of course there was so much more awesome news being mentioned on the Facebook Live Chat, you really need to check it out. And some of the new merchandise that is available for purchase right now was previewed! Here are some of my personal favorites:
‘May The Force Be With You’ denim jacket – it has an embroidered SW on the left front panel and MTFBWY on the back. There are pockets on the front and INSDIE!! Dude, the inside pockets fit a nice size smart phone. Also, there is enough space for you to add your favorite pins and patches!
Ahsoka Holiday Hoodie – This hoodie uses the same art that was 2016’s holiday pin. The artwork was created by Dave Filoni.
Studio Ghibli My Neighbor Totoro Winter Coat – Such a beautiful coat based off My Neighbor Totoro. The sleeves have an embroidered Totoro detail and looks so warm and comfortable. Ashley showed off the coat and said the jacket was soft and a furry collar.
Self Rescuing Princess Princess Leia top – at the time of the video, this top was in the approval stage but this morning I got an e-mail that it is on the site now with proceeds benefiting mental health charity, The Thalians. This shirt design was originally for kids which I always saw at Disneyland and wanted for myself. And now it is in my size!
There is so many awesome new items online and I want them all. Especially the MTFBWY denim jacket and I’m so excited for both the Hera Star Wars Celebration exclusive shirt and the Ahsoka collection.
(Via: Her Universe)