MY LITTLE PONY News – William Shatner, Zoe Saldana, A Pop Up Spa and More
There’s actually a lot of My Little Pony news this month, so ready yourself for excitement, bronies and pegasisters. There’s a new voice coming to My Little Pony Season 7 – and it’s a totally iconic and unexpected actor. You might know him from Star Trek, maybe. William Shatner confirmed on Twitter a few days ago that he did voice work for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.
Also, if you’re excited about Season 7 and live near the New York City area, you might be able to get in on the pony fun in real life! There’s a pop-up My Little Pony coming to New York City and it will only be around from February 9th to the 17th. This unique experience will allow kids and their parents to take a break from the runway shows to play with all new My Little Pony fashion-themed products and enjoy an exclusive menu of My Little Pony-inspired spa treatments! Services include manicures, pedicures, facials and more. I got the details on services and prices, and it looks like what they offer is based of the Mane 6.
- The My Little Pony: A deluxe Mommy & Me spa treatment that includes everything a pony could hope for, including a manicure, pedicure & magical “Frosting Facial” that includes blue fizz soak cotton candy scented scrub with sprinkles and strawberry creme soufflé! $124.00
- The Rarity: Rarity LOVES fashion, and this manicure package is designed to help kids look as fabulous as Ponyville’s most fashionable pony all week long. The treatment includes a blue fizz soak, cotton candy scented scrub with sprinkles and strawberry creme soufflé. $18.00
- The Pinkie Pie: This unique, colorful, magical makeup package is like the icing on the cookie – Pinkie Pie’s favorite! $8.00
- The Twilight Sparkle: Kids can have their very own Cutie Mark with these Twilight Sparkle Glitter Tattoos! $5.00
- The Rainbow Dash: This colorful pony-inspired “do” is the next best thing to spending the day in Ponyville! The Rainbow Dash offers kids a colorful side ponytail with non-toxic Funlights Highlights and glitter sparkles. $18.00
- The Fluttershy: This flowing, softly curled Side Ponytail will help kids try out Fluttershy’s signature look for the day! $32.00
- The Applejack: Applejack knows the importance of a great look that doesn’t get in the way of her hard work on the farm. The Applejack offers a burst of fun color with a clip-in hair extension, combined with this pony’s signature braided ponytail.$32.00
The pop-up spa will be located at the Milk & Cookies Kids Spa and Salon, 1196 First Avenue (Between 64th & 65th St.), Manhattan. The whole experience sounds really cool, and the best part is that Milk & Cookies Kids Spa and Salon is a great company. They’re committed to making kids feel pampered, and they don’t leave boys out. And there’s parent and child packages!! PARENTS CAN HAVE FUN, TOO. The pop-up spa sounds like a fun new way to show you’re a fan of MLP.
In other Pony news, the logo for the new MY LITTLE PONY MOVIE was released last month – which shows off how the Mane 6 will look in the movie. Hasbro also announced another exciting movie castmember – Zoe Saldana! AHHHH! I’m so excited about that, she’s extremely talented. She joins the previously announced Kristin Chenoweth, Emily Blunt, Taye Diggs, Liev Schreiber, Sia, Uzo Aduba, and Michael Peña, as well as the voice actors behind the Mane 6: Andrea Libman, Tara Strong, Ashleigh Ball, Tabitha St. Germain and Cathy Weseluck. I cannot wait for this movie.
Hope this news makes your day!! Until next time, pony friends!