SWCO 2017 Recap: STAR WARS REBELS Panel
I was fortunate enough to be able to attend the Star Wars Rebels panel at Star Wars Celebration Orlando. The Force wasn’t with me for both the Star Wars 40th and Star Wars: The Last Jedi panels but that’s okay.
Dave Filoni, Executive Producer of Star Wars Rebels and the cast took the stage Saturday morning at Star Wars Celebration to talk as much as they were allowed to about season four of the hit animated Disney XD series. The energy coming from both the cast and audience members was amazing and very strong. We got a preview of what is coming to this season and you saw just how much the voice actors behind these characters we have grown to love have become one giant family. It was such a thrill to see them all interact, speak highly of their characters and of each other.
We got some surprises of who’s returning, who’s appearing, a couple of confirmations and the audience got treated to the first episode of season four. They held no punches with this first episode. None at all. I managed to live tweet the panel on the Agents of Geek twitter but in case you missed some of the highlights:
- Filoni confirmed that little boy is running in the episode ‘Twin Suns’ is Luke Skywalker in case anyone missed that.
- Steven Blum joked that Zeb is going to “start a family” in season four with Kallus and the story team is obsessed with HOTKALLUS just like the fans. That also means Kallus will be returning in season four and the trailer showed him without his Imperial uniform.
- Tiya Sircar (Sabine Wren) told the audience “If there are any Mandalorian fans… you might be surprised where we end up”
- Season four will see the return of Mon Mothma (Genevieve O’Reilly) and with Rogue One A Star Wars Story out we will get to see more of Saw Gerrera (Forest Whitaker). Bo-Katan, who is the sister of Duchess Satine will make a return as well.
- In the beginging of the panel, Filoni spoke about Thrawn and his love for the character and we got a surprise guest – Warwick Davis appeared on stage and it was announced he would be voicing RUKH!! If the name sounds familair, Rukh is Thrawn’s deadly assassin / bodyguard from the book Heir to the Empire (Legends Story).
- And the saddest announcement to come out of the Star Wars Rebels panel: Season Four will be the last. Filoni made the announcement and the gasps that were heard through out the room.
That final announcement broke my heart and probably a lot of Star Wars Rebels fans for sure. But season four sounds amazing and from the look of the first episode, we will be in for a crazy ride.
Star Wars Rebels will return to Disney XD in the fall but you can keep watching the trailer over and over again!
I know I’ve seen it a bunch of times already!
As an added bonus later that day I attended the AHSOKA LIVES gathering. Ashley Eckstein, the voice of Ahsoka Tano and Dave Filoni made an appearance at the gathering and it was awesome to see the love for this character.
Thank you all SO much for coming out to celebrate Ahsoka Lives Day! I'm blown away by all of the love and support! pic.twitter.com/KnhwSrcQX2
— Ashley Eckstein (@HerUniverse) April 15, 2017