BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT® Returns to San Diego Comic-Con with Panels, Exclusives, and More!
San Diego Comic-Con may mainly be about movies, TV shows, and comics but you can still get your fill of gaming during the event!
BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT® is bringing a massive lineup to San Diego Comic-Con this year which includes some of their famous properties –
Overwatch®, StarCraft®, and World of Warcraft®!
Here’s the details so you can plan accordingly:
• Behind the Cards: The Art of Blizzard’s Hearthstone, Thursday July 19, 12:00pm–1:00pm Room 5AB
o Ben Thompson (art director), Hadidjah Chamberlain (senior FX artist), Jomaro Kindred (senior concept artist), and Matt Dixon (illustrator) offer a deep dive into the world of card creation for Blizzard Entertainment’s hit digital card game Hearthstone. Surprise and delight await as panelists walk attendees through the development of cards from the upcoming expansion, The Boomsday Project™, from initial concept sketches to final card art.
• Behind the Scenes of Overwatch’s Newest Hero, Friday July 20, 3:15pm–4:15pm Room 6BCF
o Overwatch developers Michael Chu (lead writer), Arnold Tsang (assistant art director), Geoff Goodman (lead hero designer), and Geoffrey Garnett (senior sound designer) present a behind-the-scenes look into the creative process of developing the story, art, and gameplay kit for Overwatch’s newest hero, Wrecking Ball. Learn more about Overwatch hero design and participate in Q&A with the developers after the panel.
• Chapters and Panels: Blizzard Publishing, Saturday July 21, 3:30pm–4:30pm Room 5AB
o See how Blizzard’s many worlds are crafted into compelling art and narrative through an array of books and comics. Some of the industry’s top authors discuss how they bring to life engaging stories that expand and widen the universes of Blizzard’s games through the perspectives of some of gaming’s most unique characters. Panelists will highlight recent releases, hint at what may be yet to come, and perhaps unveil a surprise or two. Moderated by Blizzard Publishing senior editor Cate Gary. Panelists include Christie Golden, Jody Houser, Mark Evanier, and Steve Danuser.
And of course, it wouldn’t be SDCC without exclusives! Here’s the list of items that attendees will be able to purchase at the BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT BOOTH #140
o Cute But Deadly: Banshee Sylvanas and Holy Light Anduin 2-Pack
o Funko POP! Vinyl: Roadhog & Junkrat 2-Pack
Blizzard Licensed Partner Exclusives (available for purchase):
• Grillmaster 76 SDCC Exclusive Funko, July 18–22 Funko POP! Booth #5341
• New StarCraft Comic #1 Exclusive SDCC cover, July 18–22 Dark Horse Booth #2615
• Overwatch X Tokidoki The Heroes Collection, July 18–22 Tokidoki Booth #5037 & Blizzard Booth #140
Now if buying exclusives isn’t your thing, there will also be singings taking place throughout the weekend:
• Tokidoki Signing, July 21 2:00pm–4:00pm Blizzard Booth #140
o Attendees will have the chance for a signature from Simone Legno, founder of Tokidoki
o Signing is limited, wristband distribution will be Saturday morning at the Blizzard Booth
• Christie Golden Signing July 21 5:00pm–6:30pm Blizzard Booth #140
o Writer of the New York Times bestselling World of Warcraft novel Before the Storm
For those keeping up with the Overwatch Payload Tour – you can head over to the Omni Hotel Floor 4 Grand Ballroom:
Choose from a selection of Overwatch weapons (Henchmen Studios-created props)
- Step onto the 360-degree rotating stage, where you’ll be transported into an Overwatch map
- Share a video of the experience with friends and the Overwatch community
- Every participant will receive an exclusive Overwatch pin
Via: BLIZZARD ENTERTAINMENT®